Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dawn of Man Series

   My primary focus for sculpture this semester is going to be based on a successful piece I did in 2008 titled "Dawn of Man".  I intend to push both the theme and the medium further as well as increase the scale to human-sized works. I envision a 3-piece series. One will be to do a life size version of this rendition of "Dawn of Man"


Dawn of Man
Glen Stewart
22" x 21"
Reinforced Concrete






   The next rendition (likely the first to be sculpted full-scale) will be to transform the figural form and re-relate the meaning and impact of the shell form. Drawings for this form, are still explorative.





















   Finally this is a a concept sketch of the third exploration. It will likely change considerably...




















I'm excited to be moving forward in this series. I'll post pics and scans as they become handy.

Thanks for your interest.

-glen

All works © 2008-2009 Glen Stewart All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment